Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Weekend recap one day late....

Who doesn't love a 3 day weekend? I must say, it was nice.... yesterday I returned to work, my co-worker/partner had taken a vacation day so needless to say, I was SWAMPED. I felt like phones would not stop ringing and everyone I spoke to wanted to complain about something.

Moving on... so this weekend was definitely filled with fun & exciting things! Friday, I was off! I started out my day at Bora Bora Nail Salon getting a refresher manicure and classic pedicure (recommended to me by a fellow blogger) oooo, talk about amazing. It was so relaxing, seriously I already want to go back, but my nails obviously still look good. After getting my nails done, I walked into Freebirds next door grabbed a bite to eat and then headed to Memorial City Mall to browse around. I scored on some new summer sandals, you can never have enough really! AND I purchased my very first gift for my bridesmaids!! Winning!


After the mall, I headed toward the Galleria to pick up my best friend, we had an appointment with the florist at 3:30! Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of a zillion flowers everywhere, yes, I love flowers, what girl doesn't? I just can't justify spending ridiculous amounts of money on flowers for a 5 hour event, which will later die. Anyway... that being said I'm super excited to see what they create for me! I'm pretty much sticking to flowers for my girls, guys, fam, and maybe centerpieces.......maybe! I feel really confident in them, and the fact they are they SUPER nice is such a perk, they seriously listened to what I wanted, made suggestions, and are helping me get everything I want for the budget I have! Flowers by Minerva, in Bellaire......Need flowers? Look them up, you will not be disappointed! As a thank you, they even gave me some flowers to take home! LOVE!


After the florist, we headed over to our appointment at Ventura's to try on dresses! I was going to post some photos, BUT I have decided to wait until we order the dresses, and they come in .... the ones we tried were all colors of the rainbow, but overall it seems like almost everyone found a dress they liked, which was great, I just have to go back with my sister now for her to try on a few... she couldn't make it that day, so we'll be back once again!  

And last! After we finished up at Venturas, we headed up to meet our men :)  (Yes, we are still on Friday here) We met up with them at the Astros game! Club seats? Don't mind if we do.... the game was a blast, we had a great time & ALMOST made it on the big screen! Short but funny story, we we got to the game, we found a family of 4 in our seats (our guys weren't there yet) when we told them they were in our seats, the "mom" I would guess asked us if we could sit somewhere else because their tickets were apart, and they wanted to sit together?!#@? Uhh, newsflash, WE WANT TO SIT TOGETHER TOO, IN OUR SEATS! Sooooo, Adriana tells them, we'll sit here behind you, but if someone comes and we're in their seats, you guys will have to move.We eventually moved up to some better seats, and we enjoyed the game from there, however the camera guy totally recorded where our REAL seats were, and those people made in on the big screen, suckers.





Saturday was a good day, Danny was actually off from work, so we were able to spend the entire day together, I love hanging out with him. We ran alot of errands, I got an alignment on Nena, we went shopping and picked up some Easter treats for the kiddos, and then went home and relaxed together! Love snuggling up on the couch and catching up on DVR!

Sunday was Easter of course! We went to the 2pm mass, and afterwards headed up to Spring to meet the family for Easter dinner. We stayed for a short time, ate, talked and headed home a littler earlier than usual. We were both tired, and just wanted to get home, and rest up and prepare for the week. I was happy we got to see our sweet Sofia, and family for that short bit! 

 Easter baskets I made for the kiddos :D Can you tell which one is Sofia's? lol
 My little bunny wearing the bib we gave her in her basket.
I had these bloomers made for her before she even was born! 

I love that little bunny! 

Love, 
Jess

PS Danny's uncle gave me his memory card which I found out held MANY pics from Christmas and NYE! And for those of you that don't know, NYE is when Danny proposed! I will be uploading those this week to share! Woooo!



No comments:

Post a Comment