Thursday, February 21, 2013

He asked & I said YES!





Wowzers, today is February 21st, which puts me exactly at the one year mark til our wedding. I am a ball of emotions to be quite frank. I am overwhelmed with how things happened, how I got to where I am, and how lucky I am. Having gone through some pretty rough times with previous relationships, a marriage, none the less a good man was so far fetched. I was one of those girls whose friends were all married, starting to have kids, and wondering when it would be my turn. I had faith, don't get me wrong, but it was tested, and I made my share of mistakes. It wasn't until I finally 100% completely let go, and gave it up that it finally happened. This beautiful man, whom I think God was preparing specifically for me appeared into my life.



So.. here is out story....New York to Texas to Arizona...

Our story is the definition of love having no measure of distance & finding its way no matter the miles in between.We're both born & raised in NY, with families that simultaneously & not knowing of one another ended up making their way to Texas some years back.

He pursued his education in the sports medicine field which moved him to Connecticut, while I entered a full time job and studied towards an Business Mgmt degree back in Houston.

Both our lives went on, still not knowing what the future would hold. He entered into the professional baseball field, and I entered into corporate America. A few years passed as we progressed in our careers. He had traveled the states & country in his, while I remained in Houston & advanced up the ladder in mine.

July of 2011 rolled around, we were both freshly out of relationships & a bit down. He at this point was located in Arizona, working in Minor League baseball for the Milwaukee Brewers, and I was working full time as an Account Manager for one of the world's largest title companies.

Both my friends and his roommate encouraged us to create profiles on Match to get our minds off the recent relationships we came out of. We both were skeptical and not willing.  Then one night came, we were both alone, he in his hotel room in Arizona & me at home in Houston. I thought, what the heck, let me just log on, and look around. Surely enough, he was thinking the same thing. We both started basic profiles, and me, just being silly & having fun started to wink at a few guys as I flipped through photos..lol. Only those who caught my eye of course. Neither of us at this point had paid for the service. He received my wink which intrigued him, a little while after, he subscribed and messaged me back. I too,then subscribed to read his message. We chatted briefly that night on Match...and both left our profiles half done. He stayed on my mind that night; the next few nights proceeded the same, we would log on and chat through Match. After about a week or so, we began to email one another. IMs lead to emails, emails lead to phone calls, and finally at the end of baseball season he made the decision to come home to Houston and meet this girl he had been talking to for two months.

One year, and four months later, he proposed to me on New Years Eve in the presence of both my family and his. Our families have become wonderful friends, and I could not have asked for any more! And it gets even better, my amazing best friend (who knew all about this all along) ended up getting the entire night on video! Thank you so much, Adriana for capturing a memory that will stay with me forever. Here is a link Our Engagement to the video, watch your speakers!



Who would have known...that life would make our lives cross through Match, and that we would have so much in common. Without Match, who knows where his career would have led him, and if we would have ever met. We thank our lucky stars every night for the friends that encouraged us to try it out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment